The Road Traffic Centre
The Road Traffic Centre Baden-Württemberg (SVZ BW) is an important component of the State Office for Road Engineering (LST). Organizationally, the SVZ BW belongs to the Regional Commission Tübingen as section 95 of the LST department 9. The LST, with headquarters in Stuttgart-Feuerbach, is the centre of expertise of the Baden-Württemberg Road Administration for research, development, information, and central projects in road construction and traffic engineering.
Objectives and Tasks
The Baden-Württemberg Road Traffic Centre makes an important contribution towards
- Mobility on the streets of the State of Baden-Württemberg
- Increasing safety on the streets of Baden-Württemberg
- Providing information about the traffic situation
- Improving the capacity of the road using controlled intervention
- Reducing environmental impact by reducing traffic disturbances
You can also learn more about the Baden-Württemberg Road Traffic Centre’s objectives and tasks in the brochure "Traffic Management Based on Intelligent Concepts" which can be downloaded as a PDF file from our website.
- The next stage will be to expand traffic depiction to include information about traffic censuses, transport truck parking spots and road conditions.
- Amongst other things, a traffic prognosis which notifies the motorist about the expected traffic situation at certain times of day is to be included in later stages. Information pertaining to travel planning, e.g. travel times, will also be included. Questions will also be answered pertaining to the topics of traffic and road work sites as well as additional aspects of traffic safety.